[Coco] Re: gcc-coco revisited

Theodore A. Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Sat Nov 1 01:06:06 EST 2003

On 10/31/03, John E. Malmberg wrote:

> Also for the education of those that are used to traditional compilers,
> GCC is a bit different.
>
> GCC is a shell that calls/chains the other programs in sequence to produce
> the expected results. The preprocessor program is typically separate from
> the complier, followed by an optimizer program, followed by the assember
> program, and finally a linker program.

That *is* the way that traditional C compilers work.  Microware C
works that way as does pretty much every C compiler I have ever used.

--
Oxymoron: Fast food.
Theodore (Alex) Evans            | alxevans at concentric.net
94-1071 Kepakepa St. Unit #C-1   | http://www.concentric.net/~alxevans
Waipahu, HI 96797                | ICQ 78089262
x                                | (808) 676-0123         2B v ~2B = ?