[Coco] Re: gcc-coco revisited

Theodore A. Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Sat Nov 1 01:06:00 EST 2003

On 10/31/03, James Dessart wrote:

> I'm somewhat clueless on this "direct" parameter.  Is it a directive to
> the compiler to tell it to use the DP register as much as possible?

It works like the register parameter, but rather than trying to keep
the variable in a register, it uses the direct page.  Cinsidering that
the register parameter is only effective for a single variable in
Microware C, it is probably a good idea to convert any occurences of
the register parameter to direct.

--
Excuse me, sir? Which way to the guy with two butts? huh huh huh
Theodore (Alex) Evans            | alxevans at concentric.net
94-1071 Kepakepa St. Unit #C-1   | http://www.concentric.net/~alxevans
Waipahu, HI 96797                | ICQ 78089262
x                                | (808) 676-0123         2B v ~2B = ?