[Coco] Wikipedia in trouble

David dbree at duo-county.com
Wed Dec 31 01:51:02 EST 2003

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 07:26:35PM -0800, Neil Morrison wrote:

> I cancelled the card CIS was using and the bank STILL billed me for
> payments to them long after I cancelled the service. When I phoned
> CIS to try and get the charges reversed they wanted all sorts of
> information from me, but the doofus I was talking to wouldn't even
> give me his last name!

IIRC, they made two withdrawals after I cancelled.  I figured the first
one, at least, might have been legitimate.  I think there was a second
one, and I questioned that, but I did not contact them about that.

That reminds me.  Once, while the Coco was flourishing, someone, I can't
recall his name - I believe he was located somewhere in the midwest
(Oklahoma or Kanasas or somewhere out there) - advertized that he was
building and selling a multipak interface.  I sent him an order for one
with a check.  After a while, I called him and he said he was having
problems with the board - maybe the people who contracted the etching
messed up, I can't recall the details.  I may have talked to him a
couple or three times.  Then I began getting recordings.  It went on for
maybe 3 months or so.  Finally one day, I decided that he wasn't going
to send it, so I went to the bank to make a stop payment.  That cost me
$5 or $10.  When I got home, I went to the mailbox and guess what?  He
had sent me back my check stating that he was sorry but that it looked
like he was not going to be able to get it to work and was refunding all
our money.