[Coco] Re: Louisiana

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Wed Dec 24 17:02:23 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Macias" <dmacias666 at LABridge.com>

> What none of you have considered is that authentic Mexican and
Chinese food
> require hours of preparation....

> Which makes me wonder.  Did I not eat real Australian fare at
Outback?

No mate. A lot of Aussie food is British food - and an acquired taste
for others. But I went out for dinner at a place in Brisbane. It was
by the river there, and the whole thing was outdoors. You picked your
steak out of a refrigerated cabinet, and they attached a number and
cooked it for you. When served it almost filled the whole plate. You
were invited to add vegetables to taste, but your choice was to
either pile them on the steak or try to balance them around the edge.
Then you sat at your table by the river and enjoyed your meal.

Aussie meat is tough to my taste, I'm used to tender New Zealand
meats, beef and lamb. We usually slow cooked the Aussie stuff for
best results.

Neil