[Coco] talk funny

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Sat Dec 20 17:45:18 EST 2003

At 03:14 PM 12/20/2003 -0300, you wrote:
>Hello Stan
>
>Hehe  You guys always were out sync with the rest ofthe worlds anyway, and
>you talk funny too ;-))) <he jeolously said>

I'm sure he'll take that as the joke it was meant to be.

Ofcourse, here in the U.S., we have to be able to decypher some 50+
tounges, one of which sounds embarassingly like this:

A clean-cut well-dressed manager of a large-chain grocery store:
" sup man, you be in and outta here like a straight cat, I be seeing you
fly by so fast, I be like, da**!"
(an actual comment to me while the manager was strolling the store one morning)

*ANY* fast-food restaurant (mainly McDonalds), from coast to coast:
" goot mowin'in, can I take yo oda?" (good morning, can I take your order?)
" hih 'da go? "   (for here or to go?)
" you be wantin' fries? "  (would you like fries with that?)
" why 'dis man ain't got his oda yet?, Nookie, you betta be droppin' 'dem
fries " (???)

Our most popular local rock station, 106.1, does skits all the time where a
very-well-spoken translator follows up on sentences spoken by
African-Americans and Southern-American hicks (to be fair).  I have a few
.mp3 files that will leave you rolling on the floor, and are actual
commercials for local businesses!

I also have mcdonalds.mp3, delta.mp3 (Delta Airlines), which are spoof
commercials that are so very true.

Anyway, that's the humor in our part of the world.

Roger Taylor