[Coco] Re: M.E.S.S. Printing

John Guin johnguin at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 20 22:45:48 EST 2003

I thought another reason GIF lost popularity to JPG was JPGs were "lossy"
and could be compressed, but GIF was locked into "only" 256 colors and no
compression.  All the licensing for GIF didn't help (and helped put my
wife's company out of business, but that's another story).

I may be wrong...

John