[Coco] M.E.S.S. Printing

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat Dec 20 00:39:05 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/18/03 1:46:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
npwoods at cybercom.net writes:

> I know nothing about printer graphics formats, but one option available
>  to you is to simply take screenshots while you are running the
>  emulation.  MESS saves these in PNG format.

Is PNG format something peculiar to Linux?  Or can it be displayed on a
Windows machine?
I have two PCs, one with Linux and one with Win98.  If I ever get MESS, I'd
probably run it on the Windows box since it is 3x faster and has lots more RAM.

In Windows, the screen save uses BMP format (which is not related to
Linux/GCC Bitmap format, which is ASCII C "data" statements and quite transparent.)
--Mike K.