[Coco] Re: Portal-9/CoCo3.com

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Thu Dec 18 12:11:24 EST 2003

Hello Roger

I purchased a license via PayPal last month. Did you get it and do you
respond when folks purchase? I'm only asking because my account was debited
and was wondering if there is a keyfile involved, a new improved version
for paying customers, or what ever? I don't expect a personlized Christmas
card (although I'd hang in a place of honor if I did 8-) or anything like
that.  Or was all this explained on the site and I missed it? Sorry your
having problems with your site and I definately want you to know I
appreciate your continued development for the CoCo.

On 12/18/03, Roger Taylor wrote:

> Okay,
>
> The site is down.  Anybody trying to access the site has definately seen
> the embarrassing screen that Doteasy.com is quick to advertise whenever
> there's any slight problem.
>
> However, when I logged in, I was greeted with 3 nice "emergency" offers to
> choose from to upgrade. The cheapest was the $4.50/month plan giving 50
> megs of storage and 2 gigs of traffic. It's a 6-month billing plan. I've
> got a few bucks in my PayPal account and if one person could purchase a
> copy of Portal-9 through PayPal, this will give me the quick funds to pay
> the server co. right away.
>
> Anyway, I am mirroring the site in several places right now to help spread
> out download bandwidth. It's not the HTML that is a problem, or the number
> of visitors, but rather the megabytes being downloaded since I placed
> larger files on the site.
>
> The real surprise will come in Feb. or Mar.

> Roger Taylor

Regards
--
Cruisen                                                      _|_
              on AutoPilot with an Amiga   ---o-( )-o---   and a CoCo

                                             Richard