[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Ouch!

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Dec 17 08:20:26 EST 2003

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 02:04, Neil Morrison wrote:
>I recall learning to repair tube radios and digging wires wrapped
>around terminals out of hot solder. When the iron slips, you gouge
>yourself across the other hand with hot solder and the iron. Hey, I
>did learn not to do that.

So did I, about 55 years ago now.  But irons have come a long way
since then too.  My original 250 watt weller has been replace with a
tempurature adjustable GC for many years now.  But I've still got all
those old antiques except for a phillips gun that used carbon rods as
the heater.  It got dropped and terminally broken in packing to move.

From: <jimcox at miba51.com>