[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] coco 3 on monitor Tandy MC-5

mmarlett at isd.net mmarlett at isd.net
Mon Dec 15 17:30:51 EST 2003

When I priced the cables I thought it was on the high side as well. When you
break the project down as many have stated here, I'm breaking even or loosing
money on them. Time is the biggest factor for me. This project came from Steve
Ostrom. He wanted me to make him a cable for his 1084. I then took that project
and made it modular. One standard cable on the coco that can goto any of the
monitors we currently support. Low volume, very little spare time, heat shrink,
heat gun(that alone costs over $100 for a single tool), etc..... Yes, I could
do it in a vise or take longer shrinking with a hair dryer. But quality is #1
here. No short cuts. I have sold many of these cables and not one complaint.
Too high, I don't think so. High? Maybe? Build up ten complete sets of all the
different types I carry. You would not say a word at the price and WISH you
could have bought them. I can tell you have never made a project available to
the public by your comment. What makes this country great....You don't like
it make it yourself.

My $0.02. The designer, assembler, QA, accounting and shipping department.....Opps
almost forgot the Customer Service department as well! :)

Mark
Cloud-9