[Coco] os9 copy is not reporting an error

tim lindner tlindner at ix.netcom.com
Sun Dec 14 20:22:51 EST 2003

Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:

> Greetings;
>
> Tonight I tried to copy a new os9boot file into an otherwise working
> disk.
>
> Knowing that it must be contiguous, I first set the disks attribute
> for sas to $90.  The copy went nicely, but when I then checked the fd
> for the file preparatory to adjusting the data for DD.BT and DD.SIZ
> in LSN0, imagine my surprise when I found the file was split, the
> first allocation only being for $75 sectors, with the last $15 being
> 2/3rds of the way to the inner track.
>
> I've repeated this twice now, with the same result.  There is room
> farther into the disk for the whole file in one piece, so is there
> any way to "force" the issue and make copy behave as expected?

Well, one work around I can think of is to plug the hole early in the
disk with a temporary file.

Now on to the source of the problem. When you adjust the SAS field to
$90, what does that mean? I don't have my documentation here so I need
some insight.

--
tim lindner
tlindner at ix.netcom.com                                        Bright