[Coco] os9 copy is not reporting an error

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Dec 14 19:36:22 EST 2003

Greetings;

Tonight I tried to copy a new os9boot file into an otherwise working
disk.

Knowing that it must be contiguous, I first set the disks attribute
for sas to $90.  The copy went nicely, but when I then checked the fd
for the file preparatory to adjusting the data for DD.BT and DD.SIZ
in LSN0, imagine my surprise when I found the file was split, the
first allocation only being for $75 sectors, with the last $15 being
2/3rds of the way to the inner track.

I've repeated this twice now, with the same result.  There is room
farther into the disk for the whole file in one piece, so is there
any way to "force" the issue and make copy behave as expected?

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M