[Coco] [RESEND] Question about Portal-9

Rick Ross rross314 at cox.net
Fri Dec 12 14:00:38 EST 2003

Where do I find Portal-9?

-----Original Message-----
From: coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com [mailto:coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com] On
Behalf Of James Dessart
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 11:37 AM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [Coco] [RESEND] Question about Portal-9

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

> Dumb question:  does Portal-9 support only assembly, or can it handle C as
> well?  I was asking around the maltedmedia list the other day for a coco
> web browser, and got pointed to Contiki.  I'd like to take a stab at
> porting it over the the coco, but I can't find a cross compiler for C.
>
> If Portal-9 doesn't support C, do you know of any compilers (preferably
> with a decent IDE) for cross compiling?

There's gcc, which I helped port, see webpage at
http://skwirl.ca/coco/gcc.html.  If you have any trouble setting up, feel
free to email me directly, specifying which platform you're trying to run
it under.  If it's Windows, though, I'm going to have some trouble helping
you.  There was someone working on getting it running under Windows... I
just don't remember who.

James