[Coco] [RESEND] Question about Portal-9

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Fri Dec 12 11:36:47 EST 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

> Dumb question:  does Portal-9 support only assembly, or can it handle C as
> well?  I was asking around the maltedmedia list the other day for a coco
> web browser, and got pointed to Contiki.  I'd like to take a stab at
> porting it over the the coco, but I can't find a cross compiler for C.
>
> If Portal-9 doesn't support C, do you know of any compilers (preferably
> with a decent IDE) for cross compiling?

There's gcc, which I helped port, see webpage at
http://skwirl.ca/coco/gcc.html.  If you have any trouble setting up, feel
free to email me directly, specifying which platform you're trying to run
it under.  If it's Windows, though, I'm going to have some trouble helping
you.  There was someone working on getting it running under Windows... I
just don't remember who.

James