[Coco] CoCo USB Flash drives/keyboard/mouse?

Mark Marlette mmarlett at isd.net
Wed Dec 10 05:58:00 EST 2003

At 12:28 AM 12/10/2003 -0500, you wrote:

I have look into it a little bit....What I found out. Layered software
approach much like managers, drivers and descriptors on the software end.
That is the best part. Bad part is that each device would have to have a
driver and descriptor. The support would be limited to that device until
the next one was added...An endless job. Hardware is licensed and you pay
to play. Id's are assigned to your device so that it can be reserved and
detected proper, no one else steps on your ID. Now that is if  it is a new
device. There might be ways around this since we would be just using other
devices. I have looked in to USB analyzers. They would allow you to see the
codes to/from the device and replicate the drivers. Cost of that tool is
around $800.

I spent about 30minutes on this awhile ago so I could be off here. ???

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9