[Coco] NitrOS-9 V03.02.00 Released

David dbree at duo-county.com
Tue Dec 9 19:40:18 EST 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 04:42:54PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 14:46, Boisy Pitre wrote:

> >> So where can I get a copy of that directory tree?  I think I can
> >> read a 3.5" DD diskette here.
> >
> >I'm going to email you the zip file.
> >
> >Boisy
>
> That won't do me any good Boisy, I have no workable method to get it
> to the coco other than you sending it up on a 5.25 DSDD or a 3.5 DD,
> formatted in regular os9 format.  Sorry.

Gene, do you have fdutils for Linux?  That, coupled with Boisy's
os9tools will allow you to copy files to a disk you have mounted.

It seems that you don't even have to dd a .dsk image.  You can simply
"os9 copy" a file straight onto that disk.

However, with the os9tools, you can create, format, dsave|copy to a .dsk
image and then dd that image onto the floppy just to be safe.  As a
matter of fact, you can even os9gen an os9 boot disk on your linux
machine.