[Coco] Getting all the facts into one FAQ?

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Dec 8 16:28:00 EST 2003

At 02:54 PM 12/8/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>jimcox at miba51.com wrote:
>
>>What I'd like to suggest is that we establish a centralized location for
>>a CoCo FAQ and set up a system for the maintenance of it.  If others
>>think this is a good idea, I would be willing to donate the site that I
>>have, but I would need some help in maintaining it, so this would be a
>>community effort.
>
>There have been a number of CoCo FAQs floating around; most havn't been
>maintained in a while.  Here are the ones that I've found:
>    http://www.users.voicenet.com/~swyss/coco/cocofaq.html
>    http://www.io.com/~vga2000/faqs/coco.faq

With permission from Stuart (probably 2 years ago), I picked up his dead
FAQ and tried to bring it into the present tense.  It's on
CoCo3.com.     However, it's not interactive so that anybody can add to it,
nor is it the only FAQ or "the" FAQ, by any means.  I've spent a lot of
work editing it, however.  If anyone knows of such of a "system for FAQ
maintenance" on the web, let me know, and I'll try to support it.

Stuart is not active in the CoCo community anymore, or so his last message
stated that all of his CoCo material on his web site was not going to be
maintained anymore.  I haven't seen or heard a peep out of him since he
said he was dropping the FAQ and Forsale/Want ads.

Speaking of good people leaving the CoCo scene, I've seen references to
Chet Simpson in some PC projects.  I think his last CoCo project was Image
Master, the sprite tool.  I still recall his reasons for being upset and I
think this was one of the reasons he left so suddenly, although I can think
of no other way to move on than to just do it... at least his roots are
with the CoCo and he's still programming.  Go Chet!