[Coco] Another drive question

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sun Dec 7 22:20:17 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/7/03 6:02:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, wb8tyw at qsl.net
writes:

> There is a native version of MESS for LINUX.  The Micrsoft Windows
>  version is a port of the LINUX version using the Cygwin LINUX support
>  utilities and libraries.

Someone reported that Linux MESS is very slow.  But from what you say, the
Windows should be even slower!  Maybe it's just that Windows typically is run on
newer, faster PCs, so folks don't notice.

Say, do you think that Cygwin package could get Linux UltiMusE running on
Windoze?  I recall some excitement over Cygwin a while back, but it turns out to
be  a bear to use, so someone said.  --Mike K.