[Coco] Browser for Coco?

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Sat Dec 6 23:16:00 EST 2003

At 11:02 PM 12/6/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>On 6-Dec-03, at 12:49 PM, John Guin wrote:
>
>>Is such a beast available somewhere?  I saw one page which said one user had
>>gotten Lynx working on OS/9 (http://www.subir.com/lynx/platforms.html), but
>>that's it.
>
>Wrong architecture for OS-9... Lynx would not run on a CoCo of any sort,
>since it's VERY big and resource intensive.  Contiki
>http://www.dunkels.com/adam/contiki/, on the other hand, could run on a
>coco.  Someone (me) just has to get around to porting it.  However, I am
>frequently sidetracked by other things and a lack of time.
>
>Maybe over the holidays I'll be able to get a quick port going, maybe with
>SLIP support... but I make no concrete promises! :)
>
>James

Speaking of Contiki, I keep seeing references to it on the web as it being
an Operating System, and not necessarily an internet application.  I wonder
how hard it would be to just strip the Contiki source code for what it's
worth "internet-wise" and just move those routines into existing programs
we have for DiskBASIC and OS-9/NitrOS-9?  That's an awful lot of luggage to
tote around with the TCP/IP stuff we're really after. :)

{Roger Taylor}