[Coco] WindInt Mouse Issue

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Dec 3 20:04:00 EST 2003

> CoCo's graphic window interfaces.  Even under NitrOS9, they are still
> much slower than running a text window.  Didn't EthaWin run in a text
> window?  And, was it, or, was it

Yes, it was very fast because of that.  You had pull down windows, pop
up dialog boxes, and mouse or keyboard support.  Sadly, the only
released programs to ever use it were Towel (a GREAT OS-9 disk utility,
heh) on the CoCo and MM/1, and MegaBanners (banner program on the
MM/1).

I have learned how to program since I designed EthaWin, and that's the
first thing I'd be rewriting when I get a CoCo or emulator going.  If
someone can teach me how to use MESS on the Mac (I can never figure out
how to escape -- need a cheat code -- and how to set up my hard drive,
etc.) I may start working on that.

		Allen
--
"Go from $60K a year to $6.50 an hour in 90 days (or less)!  Ask me
how!"

[E-mail sent to this account is filtered by spamcop.net.]

Over 25,000 digital pics from Disney, Theme Parks, and Ren Fests!
   Visit http://www.AtTheFaire.com or http://www.DisneyFans.com