[Coco] WindInt Mouse Issue

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Dec 3 00:36:00 EST 2003

I agree both that the WindInt mouse parameters were indeed global, and should
remain so.

I know they were global, because I got ahold of some OS9-L2 program that
needed the mouse jacked into the left (not right) joystick port (or the other way
around) and low res, not hi-res.  And this program required that you had
already set up the mouse that way -- it had no way to set it by itself.

So I fired up my UltiMusE-3 in another window, and UME has an options menu to
set hi/low res and left/right mouse options, with the internal system calls
to update the settings.  I changed the mouse settings via UME, exited it, and
then was able to use the other program!

Someone (like me?) should have written a little command-line utility to
change mouse settings -- but then there weren't so many stubborn apps like that one
I had to work around.    I think I kidded on Delphi about how people should
get UME so they'd have a mouse option utility :-)  --Mike K.