[Coco] WindInt Mouse Issue

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Tue Dec 2 16:05:06 EST 2003

At 03:20 PM 12/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>On Tuesday, December 2, 2003, at 01:53  PM, Boisy Pitre wrote:
>>
>>I believe mouse port (left or right) and mouse resolution (lo- or hi-res)
>>are correct in being global, and feel the same way about the keyboard
>>mouse.  I believe the same should be said for the position of the mouse
>>cursor.  The cursor bitmap itself, however, should be local to the
>>window, and modified upon a window select or CLEAR.
>
>If the application is allowed to remember where the cursor was when the
>window switched everything should be fine.  I have one PC app that drives
>me nuts because when I switch back to it's window, the database cell is
>still highlighted but the mouse has to be used to "reactivate" it for
>input.  Very expensive professional app, too, but it's what I have to use
>to do business.

On the other hand, if you stay away from the database app for long enough,
then come back to it and forget what you were doing and hit the wrong key,
that database cell that had the keyboard focus will probably take in your
keystrokes or get messed up in some way.  I think objects in a window that
had the keyboard or mouse focus that are expecting input should lose the
focus if you leave and come back to that app, for safety.