[Coco] Coco Newby

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Dec 2 10:04:00 EST 2003

On Monday 01 December 2003 23:52, Roger Taylor wrote:
>At 11:22 PM 12/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>>you're into assembly, William Barden's "TRS-80 Color Computer
>> Assembly Language Programming" is probably the best ML book I've
>> ever seen.
>
>That's the very book that helped teach me 6808 assembly.  I have a
> pretty banged up copy to the left of me.

Heh, sounds like mine.  Banged up is a good description.

> One day I'm going to find
> a mint-condition copy for keepsakes.  Barden stayed away from the
> real advanced stuff, but this book is a must for anybody who wants
> to learn how to write code.
>
>There's actually some serious routines in his book, but I remember
> being teased into learning about the SWI, CWAI, and SYNC
> instructions and then being told he's saving it for another book
> due in 199x ?  :)  Never saw that book.

Unforch, it looks as if Bill died before he got around to that one.
Then Rodney Zacks also did a couple books, but they were far more
mistake prone than Bills were.  One of his (Rodney's)  mistakes in
the Z-80 book cost me quite a bit of time many years ago.  One tends
to remember things like that I guess.

IMO Bill understood the 6809, but Rodney was just a writer.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M