[Coco] WindInt Mouse Issue

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue Dec 2 13:54:00 EST 2003

OS-9 users:

We have come across an behavioral issue with regard to WindInt and I
wanted to solicit comments and opinions.

It has to do with mouse features under WindInt, and which of those
features should be localized to the context of a window, and which of
those features should be global (i.e. the same for all windows).

Specifically, I'm talking about keyboard mouse.  If one selects the
keyboard mouse (using [CTRL]-[CLEAR]) in one window, should the
keyboard mouse be active for all windows?

I believe mouse port (left or right) and mouse resolution (lo- or
hi-res) are correct in being global, and feel the same way about the
keyboard mouse.  I believe the same should be said for the position of
the mouse cursor.  The cursor bitmap itself, however, should be local
to the window, and modified upon a window select or CLEAR.

Thoughts?

Boisy