[arg_discuss] ARG movies?

John Willoughby john at savix.net
Mon Mar 26 21:40:27 EDT 2012

No offense intended but I think that's an impossibly vague description. ARG
is such a fuzzy category...

If you mean arg as in alternate reality, then there are many examples to
choose from. From "20,000 leagues" to "The genetic opera" and everything in
between.

If you mean arg as in what most of the people who frequent unfiction.com
would think of...that's different.

And even then do you mean something that is totally TINAG and simply
presents an "I wake up and the world is different"? or something that
features a "game" and pulls back a curtain (at least at some point) - like
"The Game"?

An ARG definition fits so well the old joke about "ask 10 people, get 12
answers".

And then, how narrow are you defining a "film"? Can it be a reasonable
length of assorted vid like Marble Hornets or iamamiwhoami? Or does it have
to be a contiguous 1-2 hour production?