[arg_discuss] Escapist: Gabe Newell Sends Out Portal 2 ARG Email Blast

Thomas Maillioux thomas.maillioux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 04:55:28 EDT 2011

This operation is generating a whole lot of traffic. Julien and I have been
keeping an eye on it thanks to http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Portal_ARG,
and a French player (possibly a Steam community manager) is preparing an
inside cover article about the game. Will gladly translate/pass the link for
those interested once it's up.

2011/4/11 Sheri Rubin <sheri at designdirectdeliver.com>

> http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109125-Gabe-Newell-Sends-Out-Portal-2-ARG-Email-Blast

> "Gabe Newell recently emailed out a series of nine photos that are likely

> related to Portal 2.

> Valve sure loves its ARGs. With the impending release of Portal 2 on April

> 19 (NA), that hasn't ever been more true. After invading various Steam

> titles with potatoes that may be related to the sequel, Valve boss Gabe

> Newell has begun another ARG with an email blast."

> Sheri

> --

> *Sheri Rubin*

> Founder and CEO