[arg_discuss] "[meta] Introductions"

Jackie Turnure rockpool at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 10 11:00:33 EDT 2010

Jackie Turnure

I am a dual Aussie/US citizen living in Brisbane, QLD where I work for
Hoodlum as their Head of Development. At Hoodlum (www.hoodlum.com.au) we
produce all kinds of transmedia experiences for studios and clients in the
US and the UK. Very few of them you could call ARGs but they do have ARG
elements in them, especially in the work we did for LOST. I'm always
pitching in ARG ideas as I love playing them, and I come from a storytelling
and game background. I started in film and television (MFA from San
Francisco State) and moved into Games (produced and directed a bunch of 3D
animated kids adventure games back in the CD Rom days). I worked for a two
years at the AFTRS LAMP (www.lamp.edu.au) as one of the mentors (along with
Christy Dena) and have been at Hoodlum for 2. 5 years. At the moment I'm
really excited about IOS and locative storytelling - delivering story and
game play to your audience where they are.