[arg_discuss] What if ARGs had a real festival?

John Evans btradish at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 2 15:51:27 EDT 2009

So people would attend this event, interact with story characters, interact with each other, solve puzzles...Basically it sounds like Live Action Roleplaying without character sheets. That's not a criticism, of course, I'm all for LARPing. (Suddenly I'm imagining explaining the idea of ARGs: "It's like LARP, but you 'play' yourself.") Anyway, my point is: There have got to be people who have run "LARP weekends" that have games going on. And I know LARPing happens at conventions like I-Con. Does anyone have any contacts in the LARP community who could offer the benefit of their experience?

--
John Evans
Chaoseed Software - http://chaoseed.com