[arg_discuss] Topic of the Week Oct. 26: Choices

Hugh Davies marcus.helm at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 17:45:45 EDT 2009

In 2005, tried to set up a hunter/killer game (kind of like Street Wars) in
Adelaide, Australia but this was seen as distateful (mostly by potential
players) given the climate of terror at that time. Not that Australia had
any attacks of its own.

I also read on a forum around that time ( it might have even been on this
list) that the US patriot act could be used to crack down on ARG's as
experiences confusable terrorism.

In 2006, I wanted to run a game that had players stalking and videoing
strangers (which were actually other players).
This was raised as a privacy no no when i applied for funding as i had not
planned to get player consent before hand.

Im now trying to get a twitter delivered narrative through an ethics
committee review which im pretty sure wont survive the scrutiny as people
could potentially mistake the fiction for reality and freak out.

Does Sasha Baron Coen have this problem?

hugh