[arg_discuss] Topic of the Week Oct. 19: That Toyota Thing

Andrea Phillips andrhia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 08:53:16 EDT 2009

Since we've already brought it up, I thought I'd try to gently
encourage a little more discussion on it. (Is this the first lawsuit
over a transmedia/ARG/pervasive experience?)

Obviously to me the biggest mistake they made was one of not clearly
marking out the magic circle -- that prank spin made the experience
fall too far on the real side of the coin. The person being provided
the experience hadn't opted into it, which raises ethical eyebrows for
me even if not legal ones.

Thoughts? Blog posts you already wrote on it? Anything?

--
Andrea Phillips
http://www.aaphillips.com