[arg_discuss] IRC Chats -- When is Good?

Andrea Phillips andrhia at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 21:10:41 EDT 2009

Historically we've had a little trouble scheduling our casual IRC
chats. This is because we've wanted to be as inclusive as possible,
but we're trying to accommodate a lot of conflicting criteria. Most
notably, we've wanted to make at least some chats accessible for
people in any time zone; and we've also tried to make the chats
accessible both to people who prefer to do SIG activities only during
working hours, and those who can't possibly participate during working
hours. Previous solutions to this have ranged from messy to
incomprehensible.

So! I'm making with the science, and taking a POLL of when is most
good for the most people in the list, from whenisgood.com.

Please note these IMPORTANT FACTS before you vote:

* Please mark your preferences as converted to EASTERN TIME U.S. This
tool does not calculate or adjust for you! If you need help working
out what your best time are in EST, try an online tool such as:
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/

* The poll has specific dates listed, but it is NOT for those specific
dates only. Ignore them, and instead please note the times you are
generally available to participate in a chat during a TYPICAL WEEK.

OK, now that you're fully informed, voter, go ahead and let me know
what time is good for you here:
http://whenisgood.net/rpxYrS

Thanks so much!

--