[arg_discuss] Introductory post - Bonjour IGDA ARG SIG !

Julien Aubert julien at extralab.fr
Tue Jun 16 14:38:01 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

My name is Julien Aubert. I'm currently working in Second Life as a a
community manager. The people who know me well often say I'm demolecularized
in Social Networks. Before that, I've been a camp counselor for five years
and a student in marketing. I always wanted to play music or make movies, I
guess I love the same way ARGs bring people somewhere else. I discovered
ARGs in early 2008. Since then I didn't stop "lurking" on many games as I
could. And I have often been surprised by the creativity game-designers put
onto their games (sorry if I'm over-flattering). I like the big names but
also the little initatives that make this new field of entertainment so
exciting. As you do, I found it very difficult to actually name the many
forms reality tweaking takes. I prefer myself use the term : interactive
adventures.

I suscribed to the list last September. Like Thomas, I didn't feel the right
time to introduce myself since today. Reading all of you during those months
helped me becoming more passionated about innovating in game-design and so I
looked for a way to transmit this passion. I created Fais Moi Jouer with Mr
Bookmore because we wish to create and animate a community of ARG players.
We don't only focus on ARGs. We also deal with games that we qualify
cross-media, geo-location based, urban, casual, extended-experiences... For
that, we publish news but we will soon make players and gamers talk about
what is fun in this new kind of gaming.

Soon, we will publish video interviews of the guyz behind Can You Stop It ?
(Guillaume Charny-Brunet and Renaud Therry), Mazda 33 keys (Stéphane Raymond
and Thomas Pintal), Dollplay (Christopher Sandberg) and the Rivard Project
(Geneviève Cardin) [waves for those who are on this list ^^ ].

We really would like to find a way to constitute a real devil team of
players. So,we are now looking for other french speaking players. If you
know some, please put us in touch ;)

@faismoijouer @juli3n

---------
julien aubert