[arg_discuss] screenwriting software ARG enabled

Julien FMJ julien at faismoijouer.com
Fri Jul 31 10:37:21 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask you a question that's torturing me since I'm interested in
designing ARG. I always wondered if there were screenwriting softwares that
fit better the transmedia problematic than softwares made for traditionnal
linear stories.
I'm thinking about a soft that would allow me to create a linear stories,
then cut it into components, then drag and drop it into timelines (there
would be timelines for each media developped). For now I use the basic iWork
suite.

In the past I used Celtx <http://www.celtx.com> that allow you to
collaborate with other people around traditional screen play, storyboard and
character description. Some friends of mine advised me Final
Draft<%20http://www.finaldraft.com>.
I found the three following services : five
prockets<http://www.fivesprockets.com/fs-portal/>,
Novamind <http://www.novamind.com> and Storyist<%20http://www.storyist.com/>
.

I guess there is no easy way to build the structure of an ARG but anyway I
wonder if you have examples of schemas, tables or tools that helped design
the architecture of ARGs.

Thank you in advance ;)

---------
julien aubert