[arg_discuss] TOW: almost 8 years after the Beast, which is your favourite ARG and why?

Mike Monello mmonello at campfirenyc.com
Wed Jan 14 14:05:11 EST 2009

On 1/14/09 1:23 PM, "Steve Peters" <scpeters at gmail.com> wrote:

Strong Disagree! :)

I don't believe mj was saying that ARGs don't work, but that there is some sort of consensus beginning to emerge amongst people on the peripheral (i.e. Clients, journalists) that ARG's don't work, too difficult, no ROI, etc. I believe that observation is true.

Anyone who actually believes that ARGs don't work probably isn't on this list!

Steve you are right about metrics, but the truth is clients don't care about fun and creativity, and in the end, that's OUR job, not theirs. But figuring out which metrics and how to measure is essential, and there is plenty of data to prove the point. Art of the H3ist cost about 1/2 what Audi spent on a model launch the previous year and drove significantly more dealer leads. If you know which traditional metrics you want to move the needle on, it's fairly simple to design the program to do that and still be creatively interesting and fun for people to play.

And I love this: