[arg_discuss] New Topic of the Week Aug. 7: ARG SIG Conference

Andrea Phillips deusexmachinatio at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 11:02:33 EDT 2009

I've just pulled the survey down -- not because of the ongoing
discussion, which I think has been great to have, but because I got a
gentle notice from the powers that be in the IGDA explaining a bit
about finances, the upshot being that the cities on the list are all
probably too expensive for the modest event we're looking at doing for
right now. Apologies to all of you for jumping the gun, and I'll take
all the blame on this one. Sorry. (But thank you to the few dozen
people who had already done the survey, you're the best!)

I think we should keep talking about this, though, and I'll even
announce next week's topic a little early: So yeah, an ARG conference.
What do you want out of such a thing? What panels or presentations or
events do you wish we could have? What speakers? Would you prefer an
unconference format? Do you even want another conference, or do you
agree that ARGfest is (or should be) the alpha and omega?

--
Andrea Phillips
http://www.aaphillips.com