[arg_discuss] ARG SIG Conference

Burcu Bakioglu bbakiogl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 23:30:16 EDT 2009

The funding for the tracks in SLCC are found by the group who wants that track. When you want to suggest a panel you find an investor to pay SLCC organizors (who are the community, BTW) $3000, half a day track is half that price. Currently, i see that only the ARGFest organizers are trying to fund everything. Which is exactly why we need to legitimize the activities of ARGFest by making them legitimite research venues for education, business, entertainment. Finding someone to fund Business track should be a breeze, other tracks that the community wants may need some effort, but not a whole lot. And when you have a day or two added, you can actually sleep. The reason why it is so hard to sleep in SLCC is not the extensive panels, but the parties that, again companies fund, that last till the morning.