[arg_discuss] Statistics from Xi

Patrick O'Luanaigh patrick at ndreams.com
Sat Aug 1 04:22:27 EDT 2009

Hi,
I know that quite a few people on the list are keen for accurate stats
so I thought I'd pass on some information about our ARG called Xi,
which ran inside PlayStation Home (a virtual world accessible by
anyone with a PlayStation 3 console), across the web and in the real
world from March to June this year. It was an ARG created and
developed for Sony in order to promote their Home virtual world and to
push it in terms of technology and interactivity.
We believe it was the first ever console-based ARG, and we were very
pleased with how it went. Xi lasted for 12 weeks, and we ended up with
4.2 million visits to our central space inside the Home virtual world,
and 623,000 unique players took part. Wednesday was the most popular
day of the week for players; we'd expected weekends to be the most
popular, but Saturdays and Sundays were actually lower than all five
weekdays, which was surprising! Xi ran across North America and Europe
(although it was accessible from some other countries) and was fully
localised into five languages which made development *interesting*...
Anyway, if anyone wants to know any more about it, please feel free to
email me at patrick(at)ndreams.com or take a look in the 'Xi' section
of our website.
All the best,
Patrick

On 1 Aug 2009, at 05:17, Thomas Maillioux wrote:

> Hello and welcome to this list Aaron. I hope it'll bring you

> everything

> you're looking for...And then some more !

> Your timing in joining the group is very good, as we were discussion

> the

> ideal training of people involved in ARG design : I can only

> encourage you

> to take a look at the conversation in the group archives and pitch

> in !

> Another thing you could do is get qn qccount and add an entry under

> your

> name on the group's wiki (more specifically

> there<http://www.igda.org/wiki/Alternate_Reality_Games_SIG/List_Members

> >)

> based on your introduction to the list : if you need help with that,

> feel

> free to ask and I'll be happy to help.

> All the best,.

> T.

__________________________
Patrick O'Luanaigh
CEO, nDreams Ltd
__________________________
Trident House, 38-44 Victoria Road,
Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 7PG
Email: patrick at ndreams.com
www.ndreams.com
Tel: +44 (0)1252 375754
Mobile: +44 (0)7775 740121

Company #: 04362105 VAT #: 889540272
Registered Business Address: 6 Burnsall Close, Farnborough, Hants,
GU14 8NN