[arg_discuss] We have... a calendar! (Also chat announcements)

Andrea Phillips andrhia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 11:35:43 EDT 2008

Sorry, guys, the beginning of the school year has been a rough time
for me, and it's been a damn-the-torpedoes period for my project on
top of that, so I have a little SIG business that's slid off my plate
and splattered all over the floor. So to speak.

To get started cleaning up my mess, first I'd like to introduce this
shiny new SIG GOOGLE CALENDAR.

You can see it by XML for your RSS readers:
http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/imhrf2833alcelchdiqk0th6cc%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic

Or subscribe in iCal for whatever calendar app you use:
http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/imhrf2833alcelchdiqk0th6cc%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Or just look at it in HTML:
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=imhrf2833alcelchdiqk0th6cc%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

If someone more clever than I could work out how to embed the calendar
into our Wiki page, that would be phenomenal. And if anybody would
like the ability to add or alter events on the calendar, drop me an
email and promise to use your power only for good, and I'll see what I
can do. You're welcome to add in when things like GDC and PICNIC are
going on, since I'm apparently oblivious to these things. :)

ON TO THE CALENDAR ITSELF: If you look closely, you'll notice that the
next chat is at 3am Eastern time tomorrow morning. Europe and
Australia, it's your time to shine! You may also notice that there's a
new formal chat scheduled for Tuesday Oct. 14 at 11am Eastern time. I
was, um, supposed to run one last week, but I missed it on my
calendar. So yeah. Sorry about that, I throw myself at your mercy and
beg forgiveness, you look nice today and do you know you smell good?
etc., etc.

And FINALLY, does anybody know of a way I can schedule reminder emails
about this stuff? Seriously, that would be a tremendous help to me.

--
Andrea Phillips
http://www.deusexmachinatio.com