[arg_discuss] Getting my ARG feet wet

Morgan Calhoon morgan at calhoonplay.com
Tue Sep 23 15:50:13 EDT 2008

Hi!

I'm a graduate student at the University of Buffalo and I'm studying how
large scale, localized ARG games can be used to inform and activate people
in a community. It will most likely involve a lot of large games that spring
up at various locations and then disappear afterwards - kind of flash mob
like. I'm starting to get some ideas together for my thesis project that
will happen in March or April. I've created board games, card games, and
street games, but I've never done a full fledged ARG.

Is there anything I can help someone with as a way to get a little taste of
what it will be like? Any suggestions or words of wisdom? I've been doing a
lot of research, but it's just not the same as hands-on experience. I really
want my thesis project to succeed.

Thanks! Morgan