[arg_discuss] Disclaimers

David Flor dflor71 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 18:42:29 EDT 2008

Hey everyone, got a question out of curiosity.

For the upcoming game "Superstruct", I'm in the process of creating a
new website and some other things that fit in to the game. My concern is
that I'm designing it to be as realistic looking and plausible as
possible (I'm going to have a hard time disbelieving it myself), which
is fine for people who are aware of its existence in the game. But if
someone chances across this not knowing it's a game and, well, they
might panic. And I might soon be getting knocks from my door from men
wearing dark glasses or lab coats.

But I'm hesitant to put a disclaimer somewhere on the site because it
violates the TINAG a mentality. Granted, given the choice of violating
that or being taken too seriously I go for the former, but I'm curious
how some of you handle situations such as this. How realistic is the
fear of being taken literally and seriously, and what measures do you
take to safeguard you and would-be believers? Or does it really matter?

Thanks!

Tnx & Rgds...
David "Nighthawk" Flor ( dflor71 at gmail.com )
Darklight Interactive ( http://www.dlimedia.com/ )