[arg_discuss] we are obsolete (RE: Copycatwarningoveralternative reality games)

Mike Monello mmonello at campfirenyc.com
Thu Oct 9 15:17:00 EDT 2008

Ummmm... Theater. So there!

;)

-m

On 10/9/08 3:09 PM, "Brian Clark" <bclark at gmdstudios.com> wrote:

Now we're getting somewhere, Gupfee. I take back everything I said about
agreeing with Monello, he's completely wrong.

We don't care about the painting at all. That's what makes us difference. We
do care about the act of painting ... the painting is mere documentation.

I can point to the Art of the Heist, but we all agree is a documentation of
something else, and this documentation is "dead" rather "living".

The painting and the book are "dead" as well. What are the words we use to
describing other living processes?

Improv? Open Source? Collaborative?

It is the introduction of time and control into all those dead media that
makes us difference.

I move we change the name "No Longer Dead Media".

Next problem ... global economic crisis! Solve as an ARG community crisis
problem! Discuss!

Brian