[arg_discuss] Question Regarding ARGs

mez breeze netwurker at gmail.com
Sun May 25 21:43:12 EDT 2008

Hi Guys,

I've had a query at augmentology.com from Jeremy Turner that reads thusly:

"I thought I would quickly ask any of the Aug-readers if there is an example
of an Alternate Reality game that is not based on emergent narratives
derived from social networking sites (Facebook/Twitter) but actually is one
that has a full top-down structure and is not based on any video game?

The only ARGs I have heard of so far are used as either promotional material
for a pre-existing video game or music album or were not initially
constructed as an ARG such as those emergent narrative tweet-a-thons."

If anyone can provide an answer via comments please do:

http://arsvirtuafoundation.org/research/2008/05/23/identity-ecologies-avatar-formations/#comments
Also, I'm not sure if you missed my offer to contribute to ARGology's
definitions?

Chunks,
Mez Breeze

--