[arg_discuss] Annotated bib

Colin McNee colinmcnee at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 09:03:56 EDT 2008

Howdy,

This is the text of a message I sent to Christy and I
thought that it was worthy of a post to the list:

Here's what I'm thinking:
The bib should be a sort of first stop for academics
and business people who are interested in learning
about ARGs. I envision a sort of on-line data base
which would have fields for: Citation, Summary,
Analysis, Intended Audience and Uploaded By. I'm not
versed well enough in web design stuff to even know
where to start in putting that end of it together
(MySQL?). I do know that I'd like it to be something
that our readers could easily add to. I foresee this
being an online form we could fill out whenever we
read an interesting article. I use Flock as a web
browser and it has a nifty bib extension called Zotero
which also works on Mozilla, this reduces the effort
of getting the citation format correct and it just
becomes a cut and paste operation. BTW, what style
guide would you recommend? MLA?

I'd like to open this up to you all for some
discussion/brainstorming. I have a pretty good picture
of the destination but no idea of how to get there
(web-design wise). Also, the selection of the fields
is by no means writ in stone.

Colin