[arg_discuss] Intro and an... intro

Nathan Mishler nathan at studiocypher.com
Thu Mar 27 11:18:21 EDT 2008

Hi all!

I am Nathan Mishler from Studio Cypher. I promised I'd talk on this list at
the GDC and well here I am finally! I like ARGs and long walks on the beach.

Maybe we can talk shop? I have a topic! Sort of. We here at Studio Cypher
have been toying with the idea of single player ARGs and with the idea of
connecting ARGs to a more traditional game and we finally have a proof of
concept.

The trailhead for the thing starts here: http://www.happyautomata.com and
the game itself lives at http://www.mildlyintelligent.com

We're looking for feedback, especially from other ARG designers. What works?
What doesn't? Etc.

Nathan Mishler
Interpersonal Fictioneer
nathan at studiocypher.com
(812) 361-5981
Studio Cypher, LLC - Curious games for curious people