[arg_discuss] Personal Influences/Antecedents

varin varineq at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 22:19:06 EST 2008

> Soap Operas

> Say what you will about them, they do an amazing job of bringing together

> complex and absurd storylines. And, of course, the have to balance the

> regular viewers, the viewers that are watching while distracted, and the

> people who tune in only once a week or once a month.

Whew. I'm not the only one! I've always thought soap operas would work
well with ARGs.

I've had a long time love affair with Guiding Light. (It's my mother's
fault) Over the past few years, they've experimented with a few cross media
projects including a Marvel Comics crossover. Yes, you read that right.
There is a Guiding Light comic book that went with a superhero story arc on
the show.

Michelle Senderhauf