[arg_discuss] the Ztohoven Media Reality

Andrea Phillips andrhia at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 10:47:51 EST 2008

I love this part:

Back in the 1960s, Mr. Knizak added, he contrived to send hundreds of
packages to a randomly chosen apartment building in Prague: "clothes,
furniture, live fish, tickets to the movie theater."

"No art was present" in that action, he went on. "It meant a change in
the everyday life of everyday people. It didn't take place in a
gallery or museum, it just happened. Like love. You don't reason why.
It just is."

Thanks for posting this, Brian. It's making me thoughtful about the
roles of art and humor in our society. I'm also wondering who will be
the first of our merry band to be brought up on charges of teh
terrorism...