[arg_discuss] Fwd: is ARG just a marketing technique to thepress?

Brian Clark bclark at gmdstudios.com
Mon Jan 28 10:00:02 EST 2008

> To me ARGs are just another available tool in a marketer's

> tool box that can be used to communicate with a group of

> people.

That's why we can't have anything nice on the Internet anymore, too, because
marketers believe every communication tool -- from kids at a school bus stop
to thumb drives in a bathroom -- are part of the "marketer's tool box." The
spread of marketing is evidenced in their declining response rates from each
of their tools, necessitating more intrusive use of the channel and the
discovery of fresh, virgin, unexploited communication.

I can tend to tune someone out, though, as soon as they go reductionist and
make it "just another" anything.