[arg_discuss] GDC 2008 - Group gathering writeup

Adam Martin adam.m.s.martin at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 27 13:41:25 EST 2008

http://t-machine.org/index.php/2008/02/27/gdc08-alternate-reality-games-group-gathering/

(I couldn't get the IGDA.org webserver / Movable Type installation to
accept image uploads, so I gave up and reposted it on my blog where I
can actually upload images. Gah).

The 2008 GDC Group Gathering went well, with approximately 20+ people
turning up. We had a quick discussion about SIG activities and then
broke out for the standard mingling and networking.

ARG SIG: what do you want more of?
- post-mortems of actual ARGs
- IRC chats
- summaries of what projects people are currently working on
- news of latest ARG happenings (specifically what ARGs have started/stopped)

Mike Stein is now on the case of post-mortems, hope to see something
come out of that soon.

IRC chats - we'll definitely schedule these more often. I'd also like
to index all the chat-logs, probably on the Wiki.

Project summaries - no-one volunteered :(

ARG news - no-one volunteered :(, just need someone to login to the
website and post about the occasional new ARGs as they appear (as
Wendeth pointed out, a lot of people don't have time to keep up to
date with UnFiction etc, sadly)