[arg_discuss] Open Space, anti-Scientology, and Legal Issues

Laurel Kilgour lakilgour at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 13:50:57 EST 2008

Hello,

I've been a lurker so far (and no background in designing ARGs... yet!) but
have three things I wanted to bring up.

1. I'm a law student and this semester I'm taking a course in Cyberlaw. I
would love to get in touch with anyone familiar with legal issues related to
ARGs so I can write a paper on the subject. My email is lakilgour at gmail.com

2. Christy, as it happens, I'm also trained in Open Space facilitation, and
I think it would be a fantastic format for what you're doing. I'd be happy
to facilitate an event for free (if it's in the US) and can also recommend
some more experienced facilitators who would be great (eg, Siona van Dijk,
http://www.sionas.com/openspace.html)

3. This isn't an ARG, but has anyone else caught wind of the
counter-movement against Scientology? They put out a video that I thought
would make a compelling intro to an ARG, with a computer-generated voice
over stylized video. Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=injy0hsXHqs

(People may also be interested to see the distributed way in which their
efforts are apparently being planned:
http://www.partyvan.info/index.php/Project_Chanology "On February 10th, at
the 11th hour of the day, anonymous will assemble around all the Churches of
Scientology in the world and demand that they be demolished.") Interesting
times!

--Laurel
lakilgour at gmail.com