[arg_discuss] Weekly IRC Chat Tomorrow

Andrea Phillips andrhia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 11:59:16 EDT 2008

D'oh! We should be, in about 3 hours (3 hours later every time to go
around the clock!). I'm already on IRC, for what it's worth.

Sorry, guys, there's no school and no summer camp this week, and
having the two little kids home and trying to get a little work done
is kicking my butt.

Join instructions on the wiki here:
http://www.igda.org/wiki/Alternate_Reality_Games_SIG/IRC_Chats/IRC_Instructions

Anyone know how to automate these announcements?

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Wendy Despain
<wendeth at wendydespain.com> wrote:

> Are we having one of these today?

> On Thu, August 21, 2008 2:45 am, Adam Martin wrote:

>> 2008/8/21 Jason Chrest <jason at aporiacme.com>:

>>> Ithink a good irc web based client is available at mibbit.com - I

>>> have never used it but I have heard it is effective in eliminating

>>> the need to download an irc client

>> I tried Mibbit, it seemed to work very nicely, so I've added that to

>> the wiki page, along with the Chat-Solutions applet (suggested by

>> catherwood).

>> Mibbit's client has the advantage that you can just email someone a

>> URL *and* the connections originate from their server, so it ought to

>> work form behind firewalls etc.

>> Any other improvements, please add them to the wiki :)

> Wendy Despain

> quantumcontent.com

Andrea Phillips
http://www.deusexmachinatio.com